Friday 9 November 2007

Oxford - visit in pictures

We headed down to Oxford for a short break on the weekend, bit of a rush squeezed in between other things but we both needed to just chill out, if only for a couple of days.

It was dark when we arrived on Saturday and Sunday dawned foggy and dull. But by midday it was bright and clear and there was some great contrast shots to be had.

This weathervane is on the very top of Carfax Tower. We climbed all 99 steps - really it wasn't all that high.

The bright pink taxi in the dull intersection fulfilled one of my 'colour' assignment shots for week 5.

Also looking down from the blue blue sky was the little devil on top of Lincoln College

Colour again - much of Oxford is built out of this stone. I love the way a whole building can be one colour and yet have such incredible depth and texture.

The contrast of the warm stone and the intricate wrought iron found everywhere really fascinated me. I didn't put the leaf there - truly. I love this shot and it was just there on the street for the taking.


I have to admit - Oxford didn't really grab me. It was nice enough, but not anything special. I did get some nice shots however and had some good practice at fiddling around with angles and shadows given the sun was so low and strong.

1 comment:

Heather said...

The leaf shot is great!

Funily enough, despite living there for 5 years I've never been up Carfax Tower, I really must get round to it one of these days.