Tuesday 23 October 2007

More Shutter Speeds

Continuing my commute, I got off before Putney Bridge hoping to get some shots down the river. The sun was still fairly low and waaaaaay too bright so I waited until I was behind a tree on the other side (I could have taken shots upstream but that would have meant crossing the road - not a good plan in peak hour).

The sun is behind the tree here and I was trying to capture the bright contrast on the water and the railway bridge. The first shot rather alarmed me until I realised I still had the shutter speed set slow from the motion blur shots (oops).

1/4 f/22

I started playing with the settings and discovered that just changing the shutter speed meant everything was coming out under-exposed - too much light I guess. So I switched to fully manual and altered my f-stops as well.

1/200 f/22

About the tenth shot came out how I liked it. Funnily enough, quite similar to the shot the camera took for itself on 'auto' :-)

1/400 f/11

No comments: