Thursday 18 October 2007

Stops

This week it's all about the light. F-stops, apertures, ISO, under-exposure, over-exposure.

I have learned: When the F-stop goes down the aperture goes up - and vice versa. And if you change the ISO you go back to the beginning and figure out the maths again. I need to read it all again I think.

Here's a photo I'm rather proud of as I've finally figured out how to shorten the depth of field for artistic blurriness :-)

This week's assignment has us taking photos in interesting light. Creative motion blur, night-time shots, high contrast settings. It's going to be interesting - and Ali's offered to bring round the Fire Poi for a bit of night practice!

Moving house has put me a bit behind (note the suspicious lack of posts labelled week 2) but I'll catch up that shoot sometime.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's gorgeous - I like how the depth of field makes the neutral colours of the table and the background lose their texture so that the stitches of the scarf just pop out. :)

Mmmm, so touchable texture.